Sunday, January 5, 2014

Welcome to Shizuoka

Hey guys!

I'm loving my new area and my new companion. It's so good to be back in Shizuoka, too. We had some good lessons with less-active members and I have already met the three members whose baptismal interviews I did last year. They are all doing very well. I was so happy to see them all at church yesterday. We were only able to meet a few of our investigators this past week because of Shogatsu (Japanese New Year), but the lessons we were able to have went well. We had a really good lesson with Sajan, who is from Nepal and is here studying Japanese. We talked a lot about learning spiritual truth through the Holy Ghost and receiving guidance through prayer. Sajan committed to pray and when he came to church yesterday, he said that he had been praying everyday. We had a really good lesson about the Book of Mormon at church and he committed to read the Book of Mormon. He has a lot of potential to progress rapidly.

We also met with Ota san this week and talked about faith. We explained that we show our faith through our actions and we asked him what he thinks he can do to show his faith. He said he will continue to read the Book of Mormon. Before the lesson with Ota san, we were streeting near some illuminations at the park and found a new investigator named Yamada san. He is around forty years old and works in construction. We are going to meet up at the park next week and teach him.


Elder Takabori is really good at becoming friends with people and sharing the Gospel as he does it. We have only been companions for a week, but he has already taught me so much. I definitely think us being companions was inspired. I can see us working hard and working well together.

We a mochitsuki, or a process where you hammer rice in a big wooden bowl with a big wooden hammer to make mochi. It was a stake youth activity, so I got to see some members from Fuji. It was really fun.

That's what is going down in my neck of the woods. Love you all. Bye!




Love,

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment