Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nihon ni ikimasho!! (Let's go to Japan!!)


Heyya! I actually get to write today because I have a two hour lunch break. Today we are doing In-Field Training. They teach us about our purpose, finding investigators, coordinating with members, and some other stuff. It's pretty cool to learn about all the stuff I will do on a daily basis to talk to people about the gospel.

The last couple of days, we have been looking at all of our teachers' pictures from their missions. I am getting super excited to go! They share a lot of cool experiences that I can't wait to have myself. On Monday, former Fukuoka Mission President Mills gave us a lesson about our expectations. It was one of those "Whether you think you are going to succeed or you think you are going to fail, you're right" kind of things. It was really cool because we talked about the power of the expectations we set for ourselves.

My mission is starting to get real. The MTC is part of the mission, but it definitely isn't Nihon. I've packed up a ton of stuff already, so I'm realizing what I'm about to jump into. Kore o shimasho! (Let's do this!) It's gonna be sooooo fun to wreck the streets of Japan (not literally). I can't wait to find the Nihonjin waiting for the message of the gospel. It's gonna be so much fun learning Nihongo in constant immersion in the language too.

On Sunday night, Elder M. Russel Ballard came and talked to us. He spoke about expectations too. Elder Archuleta sang "The Spirit of God" for us. It was awesome. He can melt butter with his golden pipes. I was really impressed by the Spirit when he sang "armies of heaven" because that's what we are. We are the army of heaven. We have this wonderful, fantastic, super baller message to share with the world. We are doing the Lord's work. I'm so grateful to be a part of it.

To end our Sunday night fireside, we sang the Called to Serve Fanfare. I described this in a previous email, so you all can imagine how epic it is. I love singing the song like that. I feel the Spirit so strong when we do. Hymns are awesome like that. I love singing hymns and catching a line that I have never thought about before. It's so cool!!

Tuesday we had Elder Gibbons of the Seventy speak to us. I don't rightly remember the topic about which he spake. After, during our district devotional review, Elder Akau bore his testimony. Seven weeks ago he left a devotional review with the intent of packing up and going home. His testimony is so strong. He bore his testimony of the truth of the Book of Mormon and how he has come to know that Heavenly Father loves us and knows us. I testify that that is true.

On Wednesday, Panganiban Sensei, bore his testimony to us. He promised us blessings and success in Nihon. The Spirit was like KABAAAAMMM! You could cut it with a katana. (See what I did there?) I love all my teachers so much. They are such great examples to us. They are also really patient and helpful with us.

Anyway, how are things on the homefront? Thanks for the packages, pics, and letters this week. I am always glad to get mail. Mom, I realized that I haven't ever talked much about your mission with you. As I've come to know the sisters in my district, I have thought a lot about what it may have been like back in the days of your mission. Write me about it. How was it in the MTC? What was your favorite part of your mission? I've heard a lot of stories about Dad's mission, but not much more than a couple stories about yours. I'm just curious. (That's Sister Brotherson's catchphrase, by the way.)

I hope you all are doing great and strengthening your testimonies. Have a Jesus filled day. (Teehee)

Lub,

 サンダーソン長老

No comments:

Post a Comment