Monday, November 19, 2012

We Meet Again

Hey guys,

Well it's transfer time. I have been called to (drum roll, please) FUJI! Yep, gonna be at the foot of a volcano just in time for it to blow up on December 21st! No probably not, but I really get to see Fuji like ereday. I have also been called to serve as district leader over Fuji, Shizuoka, and Numazu areas. 6 missionaries, 4 Elders, 2 Sisters, in total. My new companion will be Elder Perkins from Arizona. He came to Japan the same time that Gillespie Choro did. It's gonna be fun! Of course it's sad to say goodbye to Nakatsugawa when I'm so darn in love with the place, but Fuji will be sweet.

So this week was great. We had some good progress with our Chinese investigator, O-san. He is probably ready to be invited to baptism soon. Ishida-san came to church yesterday as well.

There is a Thanksgiving party here in Nakatsugawa that they are gearing up for, but I don't know what's going down in Fuji.

We got an email this week saying that 7 new missionaries were assigned to our mission this week. It usually ranges from 0-2. One is an 18-year-old Elder and another is a 19-year-old Sister. Neat-o!

This letter might turn out to be shorter than usual. Transfers make you think about 10 million things at once, so I'm not super focused.

The package with my coat got here yesterday and the Honbu (mission office) is holding the second one because of transfers. But no worries because we are having a special mission conference tomorrow with all 100 or so missionaries in Meito. So I will pick up my package then. I get to have a sweet training for my birthday.

Okay that's kind of it. Yep. Love you all.

Love,

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment