Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fuji


Well, it's official. I love Fuji!! I was pretty sad to say goodbye to Nakatsugawa, but after my second day here in Fuji, I was in love with the place. This past week, we had a lot of member lessons. We also did some Thanksgiving service for the Sato family. We had a lesson with Urushibata Kyodai. He is a very humble guy and we talked about faith with him. He asked us for a blessing because his leg was hurting him. It was my first priesthood blessing in Japanese. It was pretty intense, really. I could feel the Spirit flowing through me very strongly telling me what Heavenly Father wanted Urushibata Kyodai to know. We also visited Ikegami Shimai. She has a part-member family and loves the missionaries. We shared a message about keeping the commandments and the blessings that come from it.

We met with a lot of investigators this week as well. One man, Ouchi-san, has been an investigator for twenty years. We talked to him about faith and baptism on Saturday night. He committed to pray to see if the 9th of December would be right for him to be baptized. We have another appointment with him this Saturday.We also met another woman, Tomiko-san. She speaks very good English and has been taught all the lessons in order to be baptized, but she has a hard time committing to baptism.

My companion, Elder Perkins, is an awesome guy. He likes a lot of the same stuff I do. He is 24-year-old tank. He could probably tear me in half. But that won't happen because we get along really well. He is a really funny guy too.


I threw in some pics with this email. One is Mt. Fuji from Ikegami Shimai's appartment building and the other is the oldest and fattest of Tomiko-san's six cats. It can't roll over by itself and it can only jump about 3 cm! It was so hilarious to see it lumbering out of Tomiko-san's house.

So the Fuji apartment is pretty cool. It is the same apartment that has been used since Fuji was part of the Tokyo South Mission. Which was about 30 years ago. But it's in good shape. And we have a massage chair. Oh yeah. That thing is nice. Fun fact: I can get to the Tokyo Mission office faster than I can the Nagoya Mission office. I'm almost on the edge of the Mission. The Fuji area is a lot like my first area, Kasugai. It is a busy city. It is pretty warm next to the ocean. We only live a couple kilometers from the beach. Apparently it doesn't snow in Fuji, so I don't think it will be a white Christmas. It only gets down to about 5 degrees Celcius. Not quite freezing.

So being district leader is kind of cool. I get to do a baptismal interview this Saturday. In Japanese. Wish me luck. My district is way cool, though. I'm excited for the time I'll be here in Fuji.

Well I guess that's it. Love you all. Keep up the good living on the Home front.

Love,


Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment