Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Action, Adventure, Adrenaline

Well hello again, Family,

To answer your questions, yep I was rockin' and rollin' on Friday night in the Earthquake. I was on a companion exchange with Elder Parra in Numazu and we were surprised how long the quake was. It was about a minute or so.

Well, things are still great in Fuji. We had a lot of progress with our eternal investigator, Ouchi-san, this week. He came to church on Sunday and he had a good time. He said he hadn't been to church in about ten years. He also said he will come next week and we have another appointment with him on Saturday.

We also had a great lesson with Inaba-san this past Saturday. He hasn't met with the missionaries for about a month, so we reviewed what had been taught so far about the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. We also taught about repentance and baptism and then invited him to be baptized. He said he isn't sure about making that step right now. He said as he learns more, he will gain a stronger desire to be baptized. We have another appointment with him on Tuesday night and our dendoshunin (ward mission leader) will tachiai (help teach) that lesson.

We had a lesson with Aiyaka-chan, a recent convert, on Sunday after church. She is doing great! We re-taught lesson 3 to her.  We also had her home teacher and a member who is preparing for a mission tachiai that lesson. It is really neat to see her knowledge and testimony grow.

Did I mention I did a baptismal interview two weeks ago? It was for a 17 year old kid getting baptized in Shizuoka. He is super cool and is gonna be a killer member. Speaking of baptisms, O Ryoku-san, from my last area, has a baptismal date! Me and Gillespie Choro found him! I'm so excited for him! I also crashed on my bike for the first time in my mission this week, but I just kind of fell off my bike. I was really confused why it happened until a woman ran over to me and started brushing me off. Then she said "Your parents would be worried if you got hurt. I'm a less-active member, so I know." Perkins Choro and I looked at each other and were like, "whoa." It was pretty cool. We decided that God shoved me off my bike. We talked to the bishop about the less-active member and he said we should visit her.

So, I got the packages. The small one with Christmas music came a while ago, I just forgot to say it last week. I also got both Christmas Packages on Saturday. Speaking of Christmas, I can Skype again. I can call on my Christmas here or your Christmas there. If I call on Christmas here, it will be Christmas Eve there. Or I could call on your Christmas there. Which one?

Well that's kind of it this week. Look forward to hearing back next week!

Love,

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment