Monday, August 12, 2013

*Elephant Noises*

I was making elephant noises with my lips while thinking of a subject line...

Well how are you?

This week dendo was a little slower because we had Leadership Council with President Yamashita, all the Zone Leaders, and all the Training Sister Missionaries. We also had a Zone Training Meeting (ZTM) which required a lot of planning and so that took up some dendo time. It was still a good week though.  I think our ZTM went well and we were grateful to have President Yamashita there as well to help us. We also have a Zone Conference this week, so we will be busy.

At the end of ZTM, we were all challenged by President Yamashita to find a contact for Elder Schade, who will be going home soon . We saw some amazing miracles as our missionaries went out with faith and opened their mouths to everyone. Elder Schade got six referrals from it and one is already an investigator. Three people approached the missionaries and one woman said she was searching for the truth. She took a Book of Mormon and should be contacting the Elders soon.

We also got two new investigators this week. One is named Chris, a young Brazilian guy that is fluent in Japanese. He is Christian and has a lot of potential to progress rapidly. We also got a referral from a member a few weeks ago, and we contacted him. His name is Phan and the member brought him to church. We had a lesson with him, and he became an investigator. He is still young and has a young family and there are a lot of things in his life that the Gospel can help him with. He also said he will come to church next week.

My companion and I are doing great as always. I love how hard Elder Ludlow works. He truly is a diligent, obedient missionary. It's so nice to have a companion that has the skills to collaborate well during planning, work hard everyday, and teach in unity with me. He is also pretty darn good at Japanese, so it's nice not to worry about that either. :)

This week I have been studying the book of Jacob in the Book of Mormon. I found a verse that really impressed me, Jacob chapter three, verse two. Jacob serves as a really good voice of warning to the wicked, but also to the righteous people at the time. Verse two reads, "O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever." I like how it talks about being pure in heart and firm in mind. I think that's a big key of living the Gospel. Being pure in heart includes keeping the commandments and doing what's right, whenever and wherever you are. Having a firm mind makes me think of staying true to those things I know to be right. I was thinking about this verse and how I can be firm in mind and pure in heart in order to lift up my head and feast on God's love. I am proud to be a member of the Church. What do y'all think?

Maybe a little short this week.

Love you all,

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment