Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"You are exactly where you're supposed to be right now"

Well ain`t things just peachy?

I chose this subject line this week from Cori`s email. She was telling me how she has watched the mission video a bunch of times. I went on the blog and watched it. It`s biest, eh? Like Cori, I have had experiences that tell me "You are exactly where you're supposed to be right now." I remember the first time I felt that impression the strongest. I said the prayer for leadership training at the MTC and I was complimented on my Japanese. I then realized how I had started to feel the spirit in a different language. It was a testimony to me that I am needed in Japan, I am needed to teach people in Japanese, and I am going to do great things. Crap now I`m crying. I`ve cried more in the past three months than I have in the first 19 years of my life.

Anywho, I had another experience yesterday that told me that I am supposed to be here. My companion and I do a short fireside every month for the ward to help them dendo (this word literally means "proselyte", but it`s also used as "missionary work"). This month we showed them a bit from the Reflections of Christ video. I bore a short testimony afterward about Christ. I was feeling the Spirit so strong. It definitely was a testimony to me telling me that this is where I am supposed to be.

This week was packed with miracles and blessings. We got four new investigators!!!! Wooohoooo!! All of our investigators right now are Tachibana-san and her daughter, Nagisa-san, Nakao Sota-san, Yoshimura-san, Raul, Ito Megumi-san (she is in love with Duarte Choro), Hiromi-chan (she is getting baptized next month), Ariga-san, Naomi-san, Ima Mura-san, Maejima-san, and Matsuda-san. We have a good amount of PI`s now too, but we need more. Anyway, we were doing some housing and Ariga-san came to the door. I told him that we`re missionaries and we`re sharing a message about families. I testified that it has helped my family and it can help his. He was interested! We talked to him and set up an appointment for later tonight (monday). On Wednesday, we had a new Eikaiwa (English class) student. Her name is Naomi. She lived in California for ten years. She went through a 12-step program for something while there. Steps 3 and 11 include acknowledging the existence of God. She said it gave her a spiritual awakening. So the next day we taught her the first lesson and we are meeting her again on Wednesday! She is super interested in our relationship to God. neat-o!

Every week one of our Eikaiwa students brings us a story and pictures. This week the story was confusing, but the pictures were of American Fork! He went there on Google Earth and printed them out. It was weird to see that place, when I`m so far away. He printed pictures of Mt.Timp, the Temple, Lowe`s Hardware, and a double rainbow somewhere in AF. Pretty interesting stuff.

On Tuesday we were distributing chirashis (fliers) for Eikaiwa. We were at the Kasugai eki (train station) and we saw Hannah Montana! Not really, but a girl looked exactly like her. We also met a woman who speaks great English and said she learned it from her Mexican husband. We were laughing so hard that she learned English from her Mexican hubby.

In other events, I tried yakuniku this week. It literally means grilled meat. It`s good! I also had Japanese sushi for the first time. It`s way better than American sushi. We had tuna, squid, shrimp, more squid, seaweed, the whole 9. It was tasty. I think my taste buds are starting to adapt to Japanese food. On Friday and Saturday I went on an exchange with Bardzinski Choro in Toyota. Toyota is pretty quiet for such a big city. B-ski Choro (that`s his nickname) is from Australia and he is funny as heck! He taught me some really cool stuff about kanji. The kanji for boat includes the kanji for “boat”, “eight”, and “people (counter)”. What boat had eight people in it? The Ark! Crazy, right? The kanji for emperor includes the kanji for heaven, white, and king. Does that remind you of God or Christ? Insane-o right?! The best one is the kanji for kin. It includes two tress and the kanji for the verb “to show.” Any guesses where someone was shown two trees? The Garden of Eden! It blew my mind! The Japanese (and Chinese) have had these kanji for thousands of years. It can’t be a coincidence that they are that.



I got a super nice camera this week. It has sixteen megapixels, 18x zoom, pnoramics, video, the works. Guess how much? 9700 yen. That’s only about $100! It’s so cool and was so cheap.

I will send some pics shortly after this in another email, so get ready for those. This week was really fun and I hope yours was great too.

Love,

Sanderson Choro

  New camera

He got to see the solar eclipse too!

No comments:

Post a Comment