Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Red-5 reporting in."

First off, I forgot to tell you all that I went to Higashiyama Zoo last Saturday. It was an activity with the ward and investigators. We had 27 people come and 11 of them were investigators! It was such a great success! It was a blast too. I'll attach a picture of me and Duarte Choro as turtles.

Dad, ever since you have told me to take pictures of cool cars, I have seen awesome cars everywhere. Including tricked out Skylines. I'll get some pics out too. Cherries are in season here. They are pricey! Less than 400 grams is about $4! we were lucky enough to get some from a member in our food basket though. I've seen a lot of people while I've been in Japan that look like Japanese versions of celebrities. I have seen Clint Eastwood, Kevin Bacon, and the other day I saw a guy wearing a helmet like the Stig on Top Gear.

This week I went to a real 100 yen shop. It's like a dollar store, but they have everything from blank cds to neckties to cleaning supplies. It is awesome. We live pretty close to an airbase, so we see big cargo planes flying overhead and occasionally and F14 Tomahawks or Blackhawks. They usually flying pretty low too. 

Fashion in Japan is funny. Girls wear platform shoes with about 4 inches of platform on em. Pretty much anything that makes you look American is very "steki". That means fashionable or good-looking. Blonde hair is very unpopular in Japan, so girls with blonde hair is considered very beautiful. I have been complemented on my blue eyes a couple of times.

President Baird has been out for a little over a year and a half now, so they will leave about six months before I do. Don't worry about gettin Ryan Shupe music because I bought some CDs so I can burn some music.

I'm sort of rambling. This week was a little tougher than those past, but we worked hard. Things kept falling through until I went on an exchange in Nakatsugawa with Burnett Choro. Burnett Choro just finished his first transfer too, so we had an adventure. We did really well at understanding and speaking Japanese for to li'l bean-chans, if I say so myself. I think the Spirit was a big help in that. We talked to about 25 people in the 24 hours we were together. We gave out English class fliers or Lesson Pamphlets to almost everyone we talked to. Burnett Choro even placed a Book of Mormon. We stretched a lot and learned a ton. It was good.

This weekend, we worked and worked and then Sunday night it all paid off. Everything worked out and now our week is full! Yay! Duarte Choro was telling me how cool it is that even though we had a tough week here, our families were blessed so much. I noticed that too as I read your emails. Pretty cool stuff. 

This week we met with Naomi-san, Ito Megumi-san and found some PIs. Woohoo!

Anyway, that's it for this week. Love you all.

Love,


Sanderson Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment