Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mail time, Mail time, Mail time... MAIL TIME!


Blue's Clues...

This past week was another great one. We got two new investigators! Which is good, because we've lost one due to health problems. Ito-san has gone in for surgery, so she can't meet with us for a while. We will remain in contact with her so we can meet up again after she recovers.

The two new investigators we found are a man named Sato-san and a woman we found 10x-ing in Takenami. Sato-san is a referral from the Mizuno family. He has a Book of Mormon and has met with the missionaries a little bit. He is very interested in the Gospel and we are meeting him again on Friday and Saturday. The other woman, whose name we forgot to ask, let us into her house and share a message. It was while I was on an exchange with Elder Dunn in Seto, so Elder Gillespie and Elder Burnett found her. She said we can come back on Tuesday night.

We also have another appointment with Tachiki-san tomorrow during which we will talk about the Book of Mormon. I sincerely believe that as Tachiki-san reads the Book of Mormon, she will experience a change of heart and want to learn more about how to live the Gospel.


On Tuesday of the past week we did a companionship split. I worked with Kato Kyodai and Elder Gillespie worked with Achi Kyodai. We dendo'd in Ena all morning long and found a bunch of Potential investigators and got in contact with a lot of other people, too. We will be working a lot with the potential investigators tomorrow when we go to Ena again. During the split I was counting miracles. between Monday night and Tuesday morning I probably prayed thirty times. Not exaggerating. The first place Kato Kyodai and I went was to find a Potential investigator. I couldn't find her house before, but I found it in no time at all on Tuesday. She was home, which is very significant because it's her relative's house! She read the whole Restoration Pamphlet and loved it, so we are going to talk to her again some other time. We went to lunch at McDonald's and Achi Kyodai bought us lunch. Kato Kyodai turned to me and said "Miracle number three." (I've forgotten what number two was at the moment.) But then after we finished our food, Achi Kyodai said, "Maku sheku hoshii hito (People who want a Mac Shake)." Everyone raised their hand and said, "Hai," all in unison. I was hilarious when Kato Kyodai looked at me with huge eyes and held up four fingers to indicate miracle number four.

This week we were able to successfully combine our Jr High Eikaiwa and Normal Eikaiwa. With them on separate days, it was eating up too much proselyting time, so now we have Friday night to proselyte. We are also going to change our FHE with the Mizuno family to a once-every-two-or-three-week event, so we can have Monday nights to proselyte more.

So I mentioned another comp exchange with Dunn Choro. It was definitely eventful. On Friday night, we ran into a member at the store and he bought us $25 worth of junk food. Then on Saturday morning as we were returning to the apartment for lunch, Dunn Choro got hit by a car! It wasn't bad, but it scared the Bible out of us both. He is fine and the guy in the car was like, "Are you ok?! Sorry!" Then the interchange ended and we were so adrenaline-rushed and bewildered that we had to get off our bikes and walk. It happened really fast and I thought, "Crap! My companion just died!" He was definitely protected that day.

I gave a talk in Sacrament yesterday about rescue. It went really well and I told an experience from Heritage Tours I had. I only had one day's notice to prepare, but I still came out with a ten minute talk. And I was complimented on my Japanese, so that was nice.

Well that's pretty much it this week. Hope you all are happy and well.

The attached pics are Achi Kyodai, Gillespie Choro, Me, and Kato Kyodai on our comp split. The other one is the contents of a package that Elder Sanderson in Seoul, South Korea sent me. So nice! and the Oreo O's are amazing!!!

Love yous.

Love,

Elder Sanderson

Elder Sanderson with his "son" Elder Gillespie and the rest of the group just fresh off the boat.

Off to our area, Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment