Monday, September 3, 2012

Baby Shower in Nakatsugawa


Heyya hi ho!

That's right, ladies and gents, I'm daddy now. My baby's name is Elder Gillespie. He is from Colorado Springs, CO and his dad is in the air force, so they live in Rome, Italy right now. He has some awesome dendo fire and it is just what Nakatsugawa needs. He has no problem with me running him ragged each day, because he has a great desire to serve. He's way good at Japanese and already understands a lot. He's gonna be pera pera (fluent) in no time.

Yesterday at church a man named Brother Jorgensen visited with his family. He was a missionary in Nakatsugawa about 13 years ago. It was cool to talk to him and watch him have some good reunions with members. This week was also a great week for dendo. We were blessed with four lessons, three on Saturday and one yesterday. It was another successful trial of the "Hard work + faith = miracles" formula. The coolest part about getting the three lessons on Saturday was that the lessons weren't exactly what I had expected. The Lord still did His work, but it wasn't how I thought it was gonna happen. I'm just glad I am here to be an instrument in His hands.

Being sempai (senior) is an awesome experience. I have noticed a lot, like A LOT, of how the Lord strengthens our weaknesses. We have been able to keep busy rather easily and I know it is because of our faith. It's fun to show Elder Gillespie the ropes and help him get to know Japanese bunka (culture). I got a letter from the Mission HQ talking about my responsibilities as a trainer and senior companion. I'll admit, the task was daunting at first. I didn't feel confident. But I know that Heavenly Father is helping me and Gillespie Choro. There was one day where I really felt the weight of being senior, but then it passed as I expressed my confidence in the grace, or divine power, of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.

If you can't tell I'm very optimistic about being senior. I know that the Lord will help me do it. And He can do the same thing for you guys back on the home front.

Well that's it for this week. Have a good one. Love you all.

Love,

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment