Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's Fun Turning Japanese, Oh yes, I think so.


It's an email from yours truly, Elder Sanderson. Yep.

Well let's get to the stuff you are dying to hear. My new companion is Tsukamoto Choro. He is a Nihonjin born in Hiroshima, but when he was two years old he moved to America. He has lived in a lot of places, but most recently Kaysville, Utah. So he's basically American. He is fluent in English and is learning Japanese because his parents spoke English in their home. He surprises a lot of Nihonjin when he tells them that. I'm still district leader, but our district changed a lot with the transfers. The Shizuoka Sisters got a bean-chan (new missionary). Her name is Breck Shimai and she is from PG, UT. We also had a transfer in Numazu and we got Roney Choro, who is a stud. He hails from Heber. 5 out of 7 people in our district are from Utah. All in all it's Me, Tsukamoto Choro, Roney Choro, Prestwich Choro, Hunt Shimai, Fujisawa Shimai, and Breck Shimai. It's a great bunch and I love 'em to death.

Well this week was really good. We invited Ouchi-san to baptism, but he said not right now. But he came to church on Sunday and he is super close to baptism. We also visited a lot of members because of Shogatsu (New Years). We had four meal appointments and we had a ton of Sushi! It was amaza-zing. We also found a new investigator! Woohoo! His name is Yoshihiro-kun. He's about high school age and is really interested in the Gospel. We found him just knocking doors, but we gave him a small explanation of our message and asked if we could come back next Sunday to talk more about it. He said yes. So we asked if we could say a prayer with him and he said yes! I explained how we pray (talk to God, thank Him for things, ask for things we need, etc.) and when we were about to pray he put down the door stop so he could fold his arms and pray with us. It was kind of a small thing, but it was super cool!

Well it's getting pretty cold here. Let's just say I'm glad I'm not in Nagano prefecture because riding your bike in 4 and 5 degree weather is a little chilly. I called Perkins Choro to tell him that I shipped his luggage and he said it was snowing in Toyota. He's from Arizona, so he's not too used to that kind of weather. He thought he was going to die. It's warmer than Utah here in Fuji, but I haven't ever ridden a bike during winter in Utah. I'm glad I have some nice warm winter gear to bundle up in.

Yep, things are moving here in Japan. I love being a missionary. I love you guys. Stay safe and warm and have fun.

Love,

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment