Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'm not even in Japan yet!

It's that time of the week again! P Day!

Just as a quick sidenote, Provo Temple breakfast is waaaayyy better than MTC breakfast. An Okinawan man named Amos Nashima dished up breakfast for us. My roommates spoke a little Japanese to him so that was cool. I did initiatories today and one of the temple workers was Wayne Newton. Not really, but he looked and talked like him. He was saying my Japanese was coming in handy because I was a proxy for five French people. He's pretty funny.

This week was good. My comp still has a cough, but I'm well. We had a devotional on Tuesday night from Elder Craig A Cardon of the Seventy. He spoke about the mission of the line of Ephraim. I sang in the choir at the devotional. It turns out I can hold my own as a tenor, so I will probably keep doing choir. We sang Lead, Kindly Light. It was fun to sing with my district members and feel the spirit. Another awesome thing we do at devotionals or firesides is the Called to Serve Fanfare. It's sung as if we're an army marching to the battelfront so the first verse is sung really soft as if the enemy can hear us over the hill. The first chorus is sung softly as well but once we come hit the second verse we sing louder like we just crested the hill. The second chorus is a little louder and when we sing "Called to serve our King" we stand up and sing the chorus again really loud. I can always feel the spirit so strong, it's like I'm about to explode. I can always feel the spirit really well through music like Called to Serve and Army of Helaman.

Anyway, thanks for all the letters and packages. I finally finished off those cookies, Lisa, with the help of my district of course. I'm still workin on those muddy buddies. One Elder in my district has A TON of food, so I get lots of goodies from him too. JoAnn/ Sister Scott, thanks for Elder Scott's address. I haven't written him in a long time and it will be good to get back in touch with him.

My Nihongo improves like ereday. Yesterday I learned how to say "have you ever" type questions. I turned to my comp this morning and said "I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?" in Nihongo. It was hilarious when he figured out the translation. I also learned how to say "Who let the dogs out?" We plan to say that to our sensei this evening.

Pics will be coming home this week so keep an eye peeled. I'll also send my SD card so someone can post them on the blog. I love you guys, keep up the good fight at home!

Love,

Sanderson Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment