Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A letter to the family

We got a letter in the mail today!

Kazoku, (Family),
How are you doing? I must be brief, but I have to tell you what is on my mind. I did write some of this to Cori and Ian, though.

Today was Fast Sunday. Instead of priesthood meeting, we had a two hour mission conference. It was great to listen to the MTC presidency. The MTC president, President Brown, spoke about the atonement of Christ in great detail. He referred to Jesus The Christ many times. It made me very thankful for my older brother and the sacrifice he made for us.

Alex Boye` spoke at our evening fireside tonight. (Yes, Lisa, be jealous.) he told us his conversion story and how his manager at McDonalds in London tried to convert him. He mentioned some funny stereotypes about chicken and his African heritage. He also spoke about how we become what we think about most and how we need to take care of what the Lord needs taken care of.

After the fireside, we watched a past talk from Elder Bednar. He spoke about discerning between the Holy Ghost and your own thoughts. He said if you get to work, keep your covenants and commandments, do your very best, and press forward with faith in Christ, you will be guided to where you need to be when need to be. He also said the closer we draw to Christ, the more He trusts us to act like him. It's so great to feel the Spirit all the time and know how to respond. It reminds me of what Joseph Smith said, "How can we not go on in so great a cause?".

The MTC is sooooooooooo awesome! How can anyone hate it? We have constant exposure to the Spirit and we are constantly being taught by him. With all the opportunity we have to be taught by ordained men of God and have access to the knowledge of God, there is now way anyone can hate it! Now some RM's out there might say, "Well my companion was an immature loser." I have a companionship in my district that I work with daily. Love is all you need.
Beau, I feel I need to direct this paragraph to you because you will be in the MTC in a month (HOREY MOREY DESU!) Happiness is what you make it. Forget the bad things and focus on the good. Pray for the Spirit of the Lord to be with you and pray to feel Heavenly Father's love for your companion and your district. Your first few days will be scary because they will put you in a Korean class where the teacher doesn't speak English to you. Daijobu desu yo. (It's ok.) The MTC is a period of change, growth, and learning. I know you can do it.

Things are going great, if you can't tell. I love you all very much. I learn more Japanese every day and grow more in the Gospel and in life every day.

Love you,

Sanderson Choro.

P.S. I wouldn't mind some pics of my family and friends I'm representing out here :).

No comments:

Post a Comment